Latest Demo Reel

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An old project

Back in February I tried to land a local freelance gig that would have been ongoing.  I spent over sixty hours on this without getting paid anything.  I couldn't come any closer to what this guy's client wanted -- to reproduce a previous freelance 3D artists work.  I was working on something that had already been done.

The image on top is what I was given to match (along with the CAD file used to model it, an the sample images for texturing.)  The only thing I can figure is buddy had changed the colours of the textures, because I couldn't even reproduce his renders using his textures, model, lighting, and render settings!  The architect was a nice guy, I liked him and wanted to help him out.  But this was ridiculous.  Getting revisions of "it just doesn't feel the same" second hand.  I suppose it comes with working freelance.

I didn't sign an NDA, so I hope nobody takes offence to my posting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment