Latest Demo Reel

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Alehouse poly-count reduction update.



I've continued making a lower poly model of the Alehouse, I think I've got the count down enough.  Now I just need to adjust the textures and model the signs and lights and whatever else will make it look right.  And have three camera moves rendered off and cut into my new demo reel that is due next Friday.  I can do it.  The high poly image would look better if I hadn't forgotten to cut holes in my "mortar" plane that is only there to give the white between bricks in the textures I baked out.  And something weird is going on in the top right of the front in the low poly; that shouldn't be hard to fix though.  I've been learning lots.

 These two renders more accurately show the difference.  The first is 80 467 faces, while the second is 783 672 faces.  Now I just have to make the older textures match the new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment